Why Adopt a Community-based Mentoring Program?
It is a common belief that mentoring relationships can form naturally within an organization. However, leadership may not make time to take employees under their wings, or employees may not take the initiative to ask. Without a structured mentoring program, it is easy to let this powerful employee engagement and retention tool go by the wayside.
Working with a partner to bring a formal, community-based mentoring program to your employees allows you to:
- offer scalable, effective leadership programming that is completely turnkey
- provide quality professional development
- develop powerful employee mentoring relationships
- tap into the knowledge base of experts in attracting, retaining, and developing talent
Mentoring benefits your employees and your business.
- 95% of mentoring program participants say their experience motivates them to do their very best
- 88% productivity increase for managers who participate in a formal mentoring structure
- 77% of organizations report mentoring improves retention
- Organizations report as high as a 20% reduction in turnover
Mentoring is a critical way to attract and retain high-quality employees.
In many instances, companies find that potential hires, especially Millennials and recent college graduates, are drawn to companies that demonstrate corporate social responsibility and offer opportunities for community engagement and volunteerism.
By promoting a culture of mentoring and developing the skills of mentors, employees experience positive growth in empathy, problem-solving abilities, and communication skills.
Why partner with engage mentoring?
Benefits of engage mentoring
- Access to the depth and breadth of business leaders as well as potential mentors and mentees in your local community
- Proven, turn-key programming combining talent development, diversity and inclusion, and community impact
- Effective training for both mentors and mentees to ensure a beneficial experience
- Key Executive networking through the Executive Roundtable and local community involvement opportunities
- 12-month mentoring program with 5 workshops and 12 hours of structured mentoring
Learn More About the Engage Mentoring Program
As a subsidiary of Diverse Talent Strategies, Engage Mentoring is grounded in a rich history of providing formal mentoring programs and leadership training programming.